Dojo loach and zebra loach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesselav1233

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anybody on here ever had a dojo loach and a zebra loach live together? I just got a zebra loach and I don't know much about him read they can be mean to other similar looking fish the dojo doesn't look like him hopefully someone on here has had them together before?

Jesselav1233 said:
Anybody on here ever had a dojo loach and a zebra loach live together? I just got a zebra loach and I don't know much about him read they can be mean to other similar looking fish the dojo doesn't look like him hopefully someone on here has had them together before?

Where did you read that the Zebra Loach (Botia Striata) can be aggressive to similar looking fish? I've seen they may show aggression towards other bottom feeders (food aggression mostly) but are shy and peaceful. Perhaps they are more aggressive when not in a group? Although most group loving fish become recluse when kept singly.

I also wouldn't worry too much about the Dojo Loach. They will get big while a Zebra Loach stays around 3-4 inches.

I don't know some random article on the net I guess is where I read that. I did see my zebra loach bite my Betta's fin once if I see it again or see any damage he's gone so he's on probation as it is lol. Thank you though I'm going to add the dojo in he is already bigger then my zebra.

Jesselav1233 said:
I don't know some random article on the net I guess is where I read that. I did see my zebra loach bite my Betta's fin once if I see it again or see any damage he's gone so he's on probation as it is lol. Thank you though I'm going to add the dojo in he is already bigger then my zebra.

I did read they can be nippers...so I'm not sure if that's something you want your Betta to endure. Cute little buggers those Zebra Loaches are though.

I see the site you read that says they can be aggressive towards similar shaped fish if kept singularly. They also say they could do that, or become withdrawn like I said. It's on seriouslyfish.com. This site also says they are fin nippers :( sorry

My girlfriend bought the thing he is cool looking but I know if I remove him she will pitch a fit and cause a huge argument I'm about to brake her whole tank down and revoke her hobby privileges she always puts her own feelings ahead of the fish she keeps and I'm getting sick of it bad !

Jesselav1233 said:
My girlfriend bought the thing he is cool looking but I know if I remove him she will pitch a fit and cause a huge argument I'm about to brake her whole tank down and revoke her hobby privileges she always puts her own feelings ahead of the fish she keeps and I'm getting sick of it bad !

You can always commandeer her tank :D

Well that's my point it's my tank and everything but I have three so I let her call one hers and started an angel tank cause those are her faves. I do all the maintenance and all the work and she buys these fish on impulse then I'm stuck dealing with the outcome I finally got everyone getting along and everything and then she throws this thing in there! Ugh I'm venting at this point sorry lol. Just so frustrated! Thanks for your help

Not a problem. Crack the whip on that girl! Haha. At least she is showing interest in your hobbies. Could be worse I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom