Dont know what to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just moved my other 55g tank from my gpas and wanna add something but don't know what.

Stocking:
3- buenos aires tetra
4-serpae tetra
3- platinum tetra
5- zebra danios
1- black finned glass fish(rescued from petco, was being kept with oscars and green terrors)
3- variatus(platys)
3-female betas
1- pearl gourmai
2-ivory snails
2-gold once snails
2- bristlenose plecos

I know that the groumai and betas don't normally mix but they've been in the same tank for over a year and are great together and I do plan on filling the schools to 5(since that's worked for me the entire life of this tank) but I wanna add something else is there anything I could add.

Not plants lol. Just a warning buenos aires tetras LOVE plants. They will even try to eat plastic plants. I've learned from experience. To this day I still have a pair of buenos aires tetras in my outdoor pond...they EAT every bit of green matter in the pond. I threw them out from my tank after they stripped it bare of the vals I was growing...

I also saw a striped raphael that had both stripes and spots living with red devils at petco I wanna rescue(as part of clean-up crew)

Nope all my plants real, silk and plastic are still in great condition believe it or not :)

Catfish don't eat poo. You have to feed it independently something like shrimp pellets. They may eat left over food but that's still the same as just letting the food get to waste in itself. What goes in must go out. Maybe some cories or otos or something. But I feel you'll be plenty stocked if you just fill out those schools.

The only prob with filling out the schools is that my lfs doesn't normally carry what I have and I don't wanna fill them out with the petco fish near me cause the tanks are in horrible condition, I had to put the glassfish in a qt tank for 3 weeks until I was able to add him to my 55 and both glassfish and platinum are almost impossible to find near menso I might have to keep those 2 schools the way they are unless I get lucky

You could try ordering some online if they are not available. Also LFS will usually accomodate your needs and special order and hold fish for you. Even Petco does that, I asked if they could special order a stand for me and they can. :)

I was thinking of that and when I called them they said yes to the glass fish but told me that my platinum tetras aren't platinum tetras that they r called diamond head tetras and come from Asia and won't they won't ship overseas. I wa told this after telling the lfs owner the exact website that calls them platinum tetras but he told me I was wrong. So I think imma keep them at 3 cause theyve happy like that for a year now.
I will check into ottos but I thought they do the same job as plecos. I've never had luck with corys in this tank either( don't know if it's the combo of fish or something else but they only last me about a month. That's y I was thinking bout using the striped and spotted raphael as part of clean-up crew with the plecos and snails.

Is there anything that I would be able to add as a mid to upper range(swim level) fish

Anything at all that I could possibly put with my grouami and betas I put my snails into my qt tank(since it was growing algee) and rescued the spotted and striped catfish from petco and got 2 spotted cats to go with the bottom. In looking for something to swim in the mid-upper region of the tank

I have just moved my other 55g tank from my gpas and wanna add something but don't know what.

Stocking:
3- buenos aires tetra
4-serpae tetra
3- platinum tetra
5- zebra danios
1- black finned glass fish(rescued from petco, was being kept with oscars and green terrors)
3-female betas
1- pearl gourmai
1- bristlenose plecos
5- corys
3- cats(2 spotted rephaels and 1 striped and spotted raphael)

I know that the groumai and betas don't normally mix but they've been in the same tank for over a year and are great together and I do plan on filling the schools to 5(since that's worked for me the entire life of this tank) but I wanna add something else is there anything I could add.(I know I should add to the schools b4 thinking about another addition but my stocking list has been like this for over a year, except the cats,) I'm looking for a mid-upper level swimmer my bottom is active an IMO full. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom