Don't know what to do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiPro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my tank has become a refuge for unwanted fish... They seem to have come from everywhere.

This is all in a 15gal tall...
4 Pea Puffers
1 Fig 8 Puffer
3 Kuili Loaches
3 Zebra Danios
4 Pepered Cories

I'm aware I need a huge tank for this mess, but the only place I can get rid of these fish are at Wal-Mart and I dread the idea of giving them to those butchers. It will be only 3 weeks before I can get home and dump some of them in a new 20gal tank, but I'm wondering, what size tank will all of these fish require?

I also know the species are not compatiable, for example there used to be two figure 8 puffers, but one took a bite out of my crawfish (before I could move them to another tank), that puffer has since been downgraded to wal-mart where they then sold him to a 10yr old girl :(.

As of right now, everyone seems happy minus the confined space. The tank is heavily planted, and I do daily water changes and parameter checks. I do CO2 injection but have cut back due to equipment failures :)

I feed the tank 4 different types of food, everyone has their favoires, and everyone seems to be well fed. Sadly my population of snails is on the decline (who would have guessed?)

So there are my questions...
Suggestions are appreciated.

The danios and cory's should be ok, but other than that, i think you may have some problems.

1.) I think most puffer species are aggressive, so they should probably be in a single-species tank
2.) I could be wrong on this one, but I think the loaches grow quiet large.

I'm sure someone will chime in with more knowledge then me, but I figured i'd give you some what of a quick reply.

The kuhlis will do fine in that tank but puffers are really brackish water species. I don't envy you. Good luck with your decision.

I think the fig 8 are brackish, but the dwarf's are ok in freshwater?

I dont envy me either, they are all so cute and lovable :)

man that is quite a mess in that size tank lol, please don't give them to walmart lol they will be butchered, I would think a 29 gallon from walmart would do fine

Going to try to upgrade to a 40 or 50 when I get home... There is one in the barn but don't know if I will be able to bring it back with me.

Back
Top Bottom