Double the fish in quarantine tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boffer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, i have in my 50 liters quarantine tank 1 pleco, 1 Panda Corys, and another small fish, and 4 Panda Corys fry, I'm going to put them over to my main 350 l tank, the quarantine tank will then be empty,
Next time I shall have new fish, can i then put the Double the fish in quarantine tank, now when the bioload has grown, ?
I ask because I have a long way to the shop, I want to buy as many as possible at the same time.

Thinking buying :
15 Malaysian Trumpet Snails
3 Honey gourami
2 Crossocheilus siamensis
5 Zebra Nerite Snail

If you keep nothing in the quarantine tank to **feed** the bacteria you will have to cycle it again. Personally, if I know I am going to be using it for awhile I keep a few snails and guppies in mine so it is ready to fo when I need it

It will only bee empty for a couple of days, and then i buy some new fish to put in.

Does your quarantine tank have gravel? What kind of filter? 50L is fairly small so alot depends on what is in the tank for the bacteria to live on

It has sand, it has a canister filter whit 2.5 kg biohome ultimate, and some plants i will move over to my main tank and then buy some new ones fore the quarantine tank.

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_162543.jpg
    IMG_20200408_162543.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 12
How long do you plan to hold these fish in that tank? Some quarantine for 2 weeks, some more than a month. Just want to know your plan

I see no problem concerning the snails too much.

I know Gouramis need about 38 L for just one. Honey Gouramis I believe have been decided as the peaceful gourami, but every fish is different, and so I will warn you to be careful and watch for aggression in the tank. You may need dividers if they get too nippy.

If you are worried about a mini cycle, test the water. You may have to do more water changes since you are stocking above that tanks capacity, (basing off Gouramis) even if it is temporary. The pleco would have possibly produced enough waste to cover this next batch, but don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

Why don’t you move the fish the day you get new fish? You’ll keep your cycle just where it’s at and it won’t pose much risk for any fish involved.

Thank you for the answer
They are going to be there in 3 to 4 weeks.
May be able to go for one Honey Gourami at the time, and then buy one more next time I'm buying fish.

Good idea to move them the same day, I will do that.

Back
Top Bottom