dragon goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquabeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just got a dragon goby, and ive been told theyre kinda difficult to feed cause theyre almost blind, and need to be fed bloodworms, well i got a chunk of frozen bloodworms for it.. also heard it was brackish.. just needing some pointers...

Hows your dragon doing? I have one and he is one of the few original fish that made it through all my rookie mistakes. He must be pretty hardy because I made plenty...
The store I got him from said he was freshwater and I just recently found out it would be better for him to be brackish. I'm considering setting up a brackish tank with one of my extra I have laying around (although he seems happy and healthy in the freshwater).

I feed bloodworms and flakes in my tank and iv seen him eat both. He is about 6 inches now and iv never had any trouble. Hes a really cool fish although he hides most of the time. Iv never seen him be aggressive or anything with any of my other fish.

They get pretty big though. Just out of curiosity what size tank and other fish do u have?

i have a 55 gallon tank, with silver dollars, angelfish, a pink tailed chalceus and a honey gourami with a dojo loach.. yea, totally over stocked but im getting rid of some.. back to the goby. he seem to be doing fine. hides during the day, chills out at night, i feed him bloodworms and shrimp pellets. same situation, i bought mine thinking he was freshwater only to find out that he was brackish.. but, if he thrives in fw ill keep him.. im probably gonna be rehoming my huge pleco( about 6 inches) very shortly along with 2 angels to make room.

Glad to hear he is doing well! Mine had only grown about 4 inches in a year, which is good for me because I will need to upgrade to a larger tank before too long and of he grew any faster I might be in trouble. Lol

mines about 5 inches right now.. hes a sweetheart. i mean, they get judged so quickly, but my dragons never bothered any of my fish at all.. i had a fish guy at an lfs tell me they were semi aggressive.lol he was an idiot.

mines about 5 inches right now.. hes a sweetheart. i mean, they get judged so quickly, but my dragons never bothered any of my fish at all.. i had a fish guy at an lfs tell me they were semi aggressive.lol he was an idiot.

Or maybe your fish isn't mature yet so you have no real idea of its temperament? Ted Bundy was probably a cute kid.

Your fish probably won't have the opportunity to reach adult size and temperament due to the fact that it is in a freshwater tank.

Back
Top Bottom