Dragonfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ermac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am think about getting a Dragonfish(not the arrowa, Gobioides broussonnetii), i saw one in my local fish store and thought he looked really cool. From my own research i have found out i can support him and he will have plenty of room and food but my main concern is i have a rainbow shark and he is really the only aggressive fish and i want to know if he will bother him or if the dragonfish will bother anyone. I had a problem with my rainbow shark attacking my loach so i was forced to get rid of him (dont worry he went to a nice home) I had a fire eel and my rainbow shark didnt bother him so im not sure if it would be any diffrent. If you need more info let me know

The fish you are looking at getting is brackish. Rainbow sharks are not. Which is your tank? One of those fish isn't supported by your current water.

Rainbow sharks become aggressive with age, the Violet Goby you are looking at is harmless and cannot defend against attack.

I would also keep a close eye on everything else in your tank with the shark. From what you've said you shouldn't be adding that Goby.

Thank you very much for the advice. My rainbow shark doesnt bother anyone in my tank but he has before. Do you know of any fish that should not be kept with him?

Lots. :( Their aggression can reach a point where they need their own tank. Mine ended up being sold back to the fish store. If you have a tank where he doesn't other anybody, consider yourself awesomely lucky. :)

Back
Top Bottom