Dragonflys in sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not adults, but I have found dragon fly larvae in my tanks. Several members on here have. No idea why they would come inside to lay their eggs in a tank unless it is the drought we have been having here.

Ive found all sorts of flying insects in my tanks I usually just feed them to my cichlids. Waste not want not.

Not adults, but I have found dragon fly larvae in my tanks. Several members on here have. No idea why they would come inside to lay their eggs in a tank unless it is the drought we have been having here.

I had one larvae that I fish out of my tank. One of my angels was trying to eat it.

I don't think they are coming inside. I think the plants we buy have the eggs on hem. I bought some hornwort from a online pond store and I am willing to bet that's where mine came from. They probably had dragonfly eggs on them.

Its never been a problem for me. But I could see some concern but most of the larvae I have found were mosquito larvae but only in my low current tank for my betta

Dragonfly larvae are opportunist. They will eat what they can catch. However, most fish are safe from them. I have them in my outdoor frog pond and have never seen them eat a tadpole. The ones in my tank were with fry and the dragon fly larvae never bothered them. I just put the larvae in my outdoor pond. Can always use more dragonflies to eat the mosquitoes.

Dragonfly larvae are opportunist. They will eat what they can catch. However, most fish are safe from them. I have them in my outdoor frog pond and have never seen them eat a tadpole. The ones in my tank were with fry and the dragon fly larvae never bothered them. I just put the larvae in my outdoor pond. Can always use more dragonflies to eat the mosquitoes.

Yeah that sound good. I am going to let mine go in the little small man made pond in our community.

Back
Top Bottom