Drifting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone know where I can get some really nice branchy and cheap driftwood? :fadein:

I just ordered some driftwood from drifwood.com. they were very nice and I think reasonably priced. I haven't gotten the wood yet but I am sure everyone will hear about it when it comes!! :D

Do keep me posted. I'd love to know what to expect from their service. How much was their shipping, etc?

Check out floridadriftwood.com. Their shipping prices are extremely low and I have been very pleased. I have ordered plants, wood and equipment from them and would do so again.

Alright. Thank you much. You think they'll be up and running this soon after Jean? :fadein:

Floridadriftwood claims to have been spared any damage from any of the storms, updated on 9/26. I too have heard good things about aquariumdriftwood.com.

oh yea, it was aquariumdriftwood.com. They are based out of Alabama. The piece I got was a medium branchy, it was about 21$. I live in WA the shipping was 13$. not too shabby for me! :) I should have it by or on this monday. IM SO EXCITED!!!

Good call. I'll look into it. I'm planning on attaching some riccia or moss to the branches for an underwater 'bonzai' effect.

:fadein:

If you're not looking for a really big piece, Petco actually sells some nice pieces of Malaysian driftwood, up to about 2', for $9. They're cheap, and they sink right off the bat. I soaked and scrubbed mine for about a day, just to get any exterior junk off, and I've had no problems with it in my tank.

HTH

-J

Try doing a search on Ebay for "driftwood," as well. Theres usually great pics to give you an idea of what your getting.

I recently bought a med/large piece for 7$, shipping was 9$. If I had been fortunate enough to find such a nice piece at my LFS ( a rather expensive fish store only) it probobly would have been 50 bucks or more.

I see beautiful pieces of driftwood from several dealers , at dirt cheap prices compared to locally all the time. HTH

Back
Top Bottom