Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would be a good way to anchor my piece of driftwood. It has been soaking for 2 weeks and is still buoyant. I was thinking maybe a piece of slate or something with the wood attached to that and buried in my gravel but im not sure how to attach the driftwood to the stone or where to get a good piece of stone.

You should be able to find slate at a landscape rock yard. They can be attached with stainless steel screws. It's hard to tell from the pics, but the "bowl" in the could possibly be weighted with rock if it wouldn't show at the angle you want to place it. Buried slate can become a problem for cleaning so I personally try to avoid it.

How does buried slate become a problem?

It can trap detritus and other garbage under it which can't be easily vacuumed. If you can get it flush on the bottom of the tank and not on top of any sand or gravel, it can be perfectly fine. Just something to watch out for.

Would that still be a problem if the slate was on the very bottom against the glass with the gravel on top of it?

No problem. I remembered that I wanted to add that and edited my post. Sorry about that. That a great piece, it'll look awesome in a tank.

I got it while on my annual canoe trip. The only thing I have to do is make it a little bit shorter to fit inside the tank. I hope to get it in the tank within a week

Back
Top Bottom