Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That boggles my mind that a piece of wood (just think about it) can be a most expensive part. Smh... Do you think petsmart could have any? The closes LFS is like 30 minutes away and I always get my fish from there but plants and everything else I use petsmart

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Petsmart does sell DW it is in the reptile section. I have 2 pieces in one of my aquariums and they are safe. Just maybe a few tannins or bacterial growth which is common with DW.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Petsmart does sell DW it is in the reptile section. I have 2 pieces in one of my aquariums and they are safe. Just maybe a few tannins or bacterial growth which is common with DW.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Should I boil it?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Go to: </title> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" /> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"> <link rel="icon" type="image/gif" href="animated_favicon1.gif"> </head> <body> <HTML> <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(functi . Thats where I got my great pieces of Manzanita for pretty great prices IMO. Great vender to work with and shipping is fast and done right. If you want some driftwood for your tank get it from here and you won't risk it leaching toxic chemicals and you get some pretty dang good looking driftwood.

Go to: </title> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" /> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"> <link rel="icon" type="image/gif" href="animated_favicon1.gif"> </head> <body> <HTML> <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(functi . Thats where I got my great pieces of Manzanita for pretty great prices IMO. Great vender to work with and shipping is fast and done right. If you want some driftwood for your tank get it from here and you won't risk it leaching toxic chemicals and you get some pretty dang good looking driftwood.

I checked it out and looks great. Do you know any other sights that have different kinds of wood

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

The manzanita site has a lot of choices. I actually picked up some manzi at Marshals department store . Was $25 reduced to $5. Small piece. Have only seen it once. Places that sell bridal supplies often carry manzanita.
I would be cautious with the grapewood that is sold in the reptile section. It should work, however, I read that it has a short lifespan (3-5 years) before it starts to breakdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The manzanita site has a lot of choices. I actually picked up some manzi at Marshals department store . Was $25 reduced to $5. Small piece. Have only seen it once. Places that sell bridal supplies often carry manzanita.
I would be cautious with the grapewood that is sold in the reptile section. It should work, however, I read that it has a short lifespan (3-5 years) before it starts to breakdown.

Thanks for the info. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425223108.322563.jpg I have this piece of driftwood in my tank! Anyone know what kind it is

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Not that I'm aware of. I had a piece from a tank years ago and it was 10-12 years old when I sold it. The core got a little weak where the screws were driven into the base, but it was pretty solid otherwise.

Not that I'm aware of. I had a piece from a tank years ago and it was 10-12 years old when I sold it. The core got a little weak where the screws were driven into the base, but it was pretty solid otherwise.

Mines got no screws in it so maybe that will make a difference

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I got my DW from doctor foster and smiths website. I like it a lot, thinking about buying more. Malaysian ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425237905.852059.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425246729.780737.jpg what do you think about the price and te wood?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Wow looks nice checked the site and really liking some of the pieces. How much was shipping

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I don't really remember but I think it was like $5. But whatever the cost was was made up for in their low prices. I'm never buying a filter or filter media from petsmart again, the prices were so much better on doctor foster and smiths.

Back
Top Bottom