Driftwood leaking tannins after alomst a year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had DW in my tank since day 1.

I notice and so did the wife the tank looked murky and tea colored. I did a 50% WC and the water was back to crystal clear. Now today the water is starting to turn again. I'm a HUGE stickler for clean,clear water.

Can DW just start leaching tannins all of a sudden like this. Parameters are spot on. pH is fine. 8.2

I guess its possible there was an air pocket in the wood that was "protecting" so to speak the unsoaked wood inside the piece.

Did you happen to move it, clean the tank and bump it or something to that affect?

A piece of DW did actually fall and I moved it about a week ago to a different area. Could that be all it takes? Either way I'm doing another WC today because I can see the tea color coming back.

Im just guessing here haha, but I guess its possible. Air might have been stuck in the wood somewhere and the slight movement released it.

tottenham12712 said:
Im just guessing here haha, but I guess its possible. Air might have been stuck in the wood somewhere and the slight movement released it.

Sounds possible lol. Either way off to do a partial now. Just to calm my OCD.

Back
Top Bottom