Driftwood won't sink!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boil it for a few hours, or attach it to a rock. I typically just let it float for a week or so and it eventually sinks.

Don't boil it, boil hot water and pour over it, I think the air pockets explode when you boil it. I had heavy rocks sitting on mine for 2 weeks before putting it in the tank, and three months later, it floats happily alone. :/

You can boil wood. It's rocks you shouldn't boil because of the possibility of trapped air. To get it to sink fast boil it for a while then dunk into cool water and weigh down until its completely cool. Repeat the boiling and dunking until it stays submerged.

You can boil wood. It's rocks you shouldn't boil because of the possibility of trapped air. To get it to sink fast boil it for a while then dunk into cool water and weigh down until its completely cool. Repeat the boiling and dunking until it stays submerged.

Oh, I new I read that something would explode if boiled. My bad

Use some aquarium silicone and glue it to a piece of slate!! that's what I did for my driftwood that wouldn't sink!

You could try a few stainless steel screws and a piece of slate or acrylic. Drill holes in the slate or acrylic, drive the screws through it and into the wood. Cover the slate/acrylic with substrate.

You could try a few stainless steel screws and a piece of slate or acrylic. Drill holes in the slate or acrylic, drive the screws through it and into the wood. Cover the slate/acrylic with substrate.

+1 worked great for me

Back
Top Bottom