Drip acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive been reading up and watching some vids on it but I got one question.

Its probably stupid but here we go: do you have to empty half of the water when it doubles the amount in the container??? Or can you just let it triple??? And do you still need to float the bag???

drip acclimation is not an exact science, you can let it triple if you want, the more the better I say. And no, you don't need to float the bag, the temperature should equalize in the time it takes to drip.

Cool thx and im guessing that the fish wont have any oxygen issues due to the drops right??? Also how long should the drip last ive seen and read anything from 15 min to 90 min

thats correct. It's up to you, everyone has their own preference, for the most part I don't drip acclimate anything except the fish that are notoriously sensitive. I have a shipment of fish coming in tomorrow, if I dripped everything I'd be there for days.

Neither do I. I just float them for 10 to 15 min and add 1 cup of tank water every 5 min for half hour but im getting a pair of bolivians on friday and maybe a pair of germans 2 weeks later if everything works out

Back
Top Bottom