Drip acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's allowing water to drip into a container to gently acclimate the fish to your water conditions. People use airline with knots tied into it but I use IV tubing to do it.

Basically, whatever method you choose to drip the water into the container, you allow the water in the container to double in volume, dump half of it out, and then allow it to double in volume again. It's usually fine at the second doubling but you can keep going as long as you want.

It's allowing water to drip into a container to gently acclimate the fish to your water conditions. People use airline with knots tied into it but I use IV tubing to do it.

Basically, whatever method you choose to drip the water into the container, you allow the water in the container to double in volume, dump half of it out, and then allow it to double in volume again. It's usually fine at the second doubling but you can keep going as long as you want.

Just want to add something to this. You want to aim for 1-2 drops per second for smaller fish and 3-4 drops per second for larger fish or a bigger school of fish.

When I drip acclimated 20 neon tetras and 10 ghost shrimp I was at 3-4 drops per second so the oxygen wouldn't be depleted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom