drip system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sasikan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi can't find the tread on a drip system but this is mine. i found the information on how to built it from Greg Sage (select aquatics) I bought the drip system from jehmco . The rainbird computer lets you decide the number of hours and the numbers of days you want it to run. Also you can buy different drip emitters that will let you decide how much water you want to change per hours (1 gallon or 2 gallons per houre and so on) I have my system running now for almost one year now and i haven't made a bucket water change in that time! I set mine to change about 10 to 15 % of water a day.

All the tanks are bridged or all the tanks have a feed line and drain?

Hi every tank has its own drip immeter and each tank has its own drain (go to select aquatics) he has the plans and a good video on how to built the system

i did not treat the water going in for the first 8 months and everything was (and is ) doing great my angles gourami catfish etc where all laying eggs all the time,but the electric blue ram were not laying eggs so last month i added a charcoal filter in my feed line i am still not getting eggs from my rams but i can't see that it will do any harm?

Impressive. Amazing fish room you have there. What do you mean by drip system?

water drips in one drop at a time. you can buy drip emitters with a faster flow (like i have ) and they will let more water come in, you can have 1 gallon per hour drip, or 2 gallon per hour drip i think there are more but these 2 are the ones i have

my feed water is in the 35 to 40 tds( but the rams tanks i have 4)is in the 80 to 95 tds range, it must be food or rocks or plants and i also feed baby brine shrimps to all my rams i do rinse them but i know there is always some salt left on them i think this is why my ram tank water tds is higher then my feed water ( i keep my rams tanks at 82 F but yesterday i raised one tank to 88f i want to see if the higher temp will help with egg laying ?

Maybe try taking things out of tank one by one and place them in a bucket and see what is raising TDS ?
The 90 is not a problem but is making the 90 might be ?

do you think brine shrimps feeding 2 times per day raise tds?what about algie all my tanks have algie i clean the front window (only the front window) about once every 2 weeks .the tanks bottom are mostly glass some will have 1cm of sand at about half the tank i have sponge filters and corner floss filters the sponge filters are rinse out every 2 weeks (and the water is very dirty brown) the flosse is changed every 2 weeks also but not as the same week as the sponge i also feed 3 times a day flake or pellets or freeze dried foods and after about 2 minutes there is nothing left. there are lots of clay pots with algae on them in the ram tanks . lots of live plants in pots and floating plants. do you see anything in there that you don't like?

Water drips into the tank forcing water out. A continuous flow.
Thanks.
water drips in one drop at a time. you can buy drip emitters with a faster flow (like i have ) and they will let more water come in, you can have 1 gallon per hour drip, or 2 gallon per hour drip i think there are more but these 2 are the ones i have
Well I do need some system like that for drip acclimating shrimps. Can this system be used to do that? I mean I manually drip acclimate by an airline from existing tank water to new shrimps bowl. This system can serve this purpose?

No nothing you got or are doing stands out to me.
Do all the other tanks read in the 90 range or do they remain lower like source ?
Do you do anything different with rams?
I think raising the temp may help.I would increase water changes with it .
It speeds up the metabolism of everything including the beneficial bacteria which will consume more O2 I think ?. Warmer water has lower O2 to begin with so maybe more bubbles ?
The sand may be raising the TDS but I would not think it would be a problem ?

Back
Top Bottom