drying bog wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might, but they can regenerate from any cells left alive so I don’t know if they might come back.

If you’re going to take it out anyway, why not just put it in a bucket and treat with Fenbendazole or something.

Might, but they can regenerate from any cells left alive so I don’t know if they might come back.

If you’re going to take it out anyway, why not just put it in a bucket and treat with Fenbendazole or something.
we have tried boiling it (tipped boiling water on it and left to soak in boiling water) which hasnt worked theres not as much as there was before though ....we were wanting to put it in our other tank as the tank (fry tank) its in atm is a bit over crowded with bogwood but tge other tank doesnt have any babies in it the smallest fish in the other tank is a minnow so i was thinking if it was to go in main tank from what im reading the bigger fish will be fine and will eat it ...is that correct

I kind of doubt fish will eat hydra. Hydra have stinging cells, which I suspect might not be fatal to a larger fish but certainly wouldn’t be very pleasant to snack on. I could be wrong and some larger fish will but I personally wouldn’t count on it. But I have seen reports of hydra getting big enough to injure fish up to an inch or so. So I certainly would not intentionally infect another tank with hydra just hoping that the fish will eat it.

As I said before if you’re taking it out and moving it to a new tank anyway just treat it with something... salt or bleach or medication to kill the hydra and then put it in the new tank

Back
Top Bottom