DUMB Question, but...whatever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moe36

Aquarium Advice Regular
...are you supposed to put those stick-on thermometers inside (on the glass, in the water), or outside (on the glass) the tank? Or does it not make a difference?

Sorry for the lame Question. 8O

Outside the tank on the glass, I usually put mine in the bottom corner furthest from the filter.

I.E.

Your filter comes in the tank in the back part of the left side, I put my thermometer on the lower left hand corner on the front glass.

*grins and nods*

Besides, I am usually the one asking the dumb, impossible to answer questions round here anyway LOL

From what i know, the stupidest question is the not-asked one

Moe, when I was a newbie, I wondered the same thing. If I would have asked someone instead of feeling too stupid to ask, then I wouldn't have put it inside and found it floating in the current the next day, lol. :oops:

Too true, and again, that is exactly what this site is for. I love those stick-on thermometers, but if you look at them in the store you sometimes see that different ones (same product) register different temps! What I do is look at an entire stack of them and get the one with the median temp. I stick them on my 5-gal water changing jugs, and you can even stick them on your faucet, if you don't care about how it looks! :wink:

I don't trust them, I think they are not that accurate. I have a glass and mercury floating thermometer in my 30 gallon, and one of those stick on ones...they are never the same! I always go by the mercury one...I have one in each of my tanks and they always match (when I put them both in the same tank).

BTW...I don't think your question's lame at all, but if lame questions weren't allowed I would have far fewer posts :lol:

What i will say about stick on thermometers is that there crap.

What i would say is buy a thermometer that goes on the inside of your tank in the water.
The stick on types will give you room temp readings as well as tank readings and is just cofusing, internal thermometers will tell you your water temp.

Yup!!! stick thermometer never accurate show the temp. In fact if u look at different angle it will show diff color/temp!!!!

Back
Top Bottom