Dwarf African Frog Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

(I am posting this again because I think it got lost at the end of the last frog thread and I need the help ASAP)

OK, now I have a problem :( Twice today I have had to pull a frog out of the uptake part of my Whisper 60 hob filter. The suction must just be too much for the tiny guys. I turned the power down on it just now, and hopefully that will solve the problem, but are there any other solutions? Since the filter is designed for a 60 gallon max, it seems like my filter on half power is not going to be enough for my 55g tank. More importantly, what about in a week when I get my Hagen Fluval 304, is it going to be more or less of a problem? HELP! :!:

Toirtis said:
Make cuts in a cel-pore filter sponge and stick it over the intake, or get a prefilter intake adapter from Aquarium Technologies Incorported:

http://www.petsforum.com/ATI/atb400.htm

Do you know if the suction or design of the Fluval 304 is such that it is going to be more or less of a problem when I get that installed? Right now I have kind of a sock over the intake (I took from it off my gravel vac), it works well but get dirty quickly. I'm assuming the sponge would as well.

i had that problem once... they got used to the power of the suction and steered clear of it.

I hate to say it, but its a learning experience for both you and the frong...

and the foam will work great to keep them out.

Until then you can put a (( new )) panty hose stocking, or footie over the intake, then use a rubber band or something to keep it on there.

The frog that kept getting stuck looked like he was sick or something anyway, and he finally passed last night even with the sock over it. Maybe its not the filter thats the problem but just that the frog was ready to die?

no, all the others look well, but that one was swimming like he was drunk since I brought him home from the fish store. I'll make sure to replace him with the largest one they have when I make it back to the store.

I have not had the problem again since that one frog died, so I think he was just on his deathbed and thats why he was getting sucked in. Replaced him with a bigger guy and no problems yet all day.

Back
Top Bottom