Dwarf and Pearl Gouramies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a Dwarf gourami I just moved from my 10 gallon to my 75 gallon but I am getting 6x 1inch Pearl Gouramies on monday and am just wondering If they will get along or will I have to move the dwarf back to my 10gallon

I recently purchased an opaline and did a lot of research on the different types of gourami and found that the dwarf blue gourami would allow itself to be bullied to death before fighting back towards aggressive fish. I would suggest monitoring for bully type behaviour and move if necessary, but I'm sure others are more knowledgeable than I. Hope it goes well, I bet the pearls will look great!

Pearls are one of the most peacefull gouramies so I wouldnt think they would bully him im more worried about him bullying them.

Yes I read that as well. Is your dwarf a blue? From what I have experienced, they are very non-aggressive except with other males of the same species. If your concerned because the pearls are so small, it seems like they would be okay since there will be 6 of them. I have had a couple of DBG that were very peaceful so I guess I misunderstood your question. D'oh!

I'm not exactly sure how that would work out, small dwarf gouramis are usually bullied by the bigger ones, I had the exception of keeping honey gouramis with gold gouramis but that's not always the case.

well im sure they will bully him later after they are as large as him but I figure my dwarf could live in a nicer home for a little while till the pearls get to big for him

from experience, I would only keep 1 species of gourami in a tank.

Either all dwarf (mixing the different varieties) OR all pearls. Not both.

Gouramis are by nature territorial. Introducing another species may introduce more aggression problems.

Back
Top Bottom