dwarf cichlid diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have 2 gbr's and 7 dwarf gourami's. they eat flake food (made for cichlids), small pellets,some algae tabs and also live food. live food imo is necessary for the cichlids to reach their full potential. all my fish love the live black worms. i feed the worms every other day as a supplement along with regular food.

jpchin said:
i have 2 gbr's and 7 dwarf gourami's. they eat flake food (made for cichlids), small pellets,some algae tabs and also live food. live food imo is necessary for the cichlids to reach their full potential. all my fish love the live black worms. i feed the worms every other day as a supplement along with regular food.

I got a question. I just got him and hes just staying at the bottom. Normql?

i assume you did an acclimation period when you introduced him to the aquarium. when i put a new fish in i turn out the lights and allow him to explore the tank. lights out helps the fish to get adjusted to his new surroundings. it also keeps him less visible to the fish already in the tank. he should come around in a day or so. keep lights out until tomorrow. what kind of dwarf cichlid did you get?

jpchin said:
i assume you did an acclimation period when you introduced him to the aquarium. when i put a new fish in i turn out the lights and allow him to explore the tank. lights out helps the fish to get adjusted to his new surroundings. it also keeps him less visible to the fish already in the tank. he should come around in a day or so. keep lights out until tomorrow. what kind of dwarf cichlid did you get?

Blue ram. I forgot to turn off the lights. I added water every 15 min for maybe an hour.

sounds good. yeah the lights out really helps them stress less. good luck.

jpchin said:
sounds good. yeah the lights out really helps them stress less. good luck.

I have had the light off for maybe a good 45 min and hes swimming now.

where can you get live black worms?

i have a local fish store (not a chain) that sells them. maybe you could also find them on the internet. also sometimes a store can order them in for you. all my fish love them. glad your guy's coming around. if you get the worms you need to keep them in a container in the refrigerator. also you need to rinse them everyday with treated water to keep them healthy.(buy a very fine mesh net or they'll go through the net when you rinse them) if you see any white worms get rid of them. they're dead and you don't want to feed them to your fish.

Back
Top Bottom