Dwarf Gourami Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have 1 dwarf gourami in my 36g with 8 neons and a clown loach. I love the DG and I was wondering if I would be able to add 2 more or are DG not compatible with others?

Yeah, should be fine.
Here's a page from some book I have.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406227045.820100.jpg

Lazy advice but helpful anyway ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't. Sometimes multiple dg (male, which are most commonly available) get along in a tank that size, more often they seem to fight and one just bullies the other severely. They are more peaceful with other fish than with each other. They can be quite feisty!
If you want to try it, I would only do it IF you have a back-up plan or are willing to take the fish back to the store, even without getting your money back.

I wouldn't. Sometimes multiple dg (male, which are most commonly available) get along in a tank that size, more often they seem to fight and one just bullies the other severely. They are more peaceful with other fish than with each other. They can be quite feisty!
If you want to try it, I would only do it IF you have a back-up plan or are willing to take the fish back to the store, even without getting your money back.

I decided against another DG and not to chance it. Instead I bought 6 cherry barbs!

Sorry if I am being a party pooper but your clown loach will prefer to be in a school and they get rather large so you may want to set up another tank for them, or rehome it.

Back
Top Bottom