Dwarf Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover5297

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,
I am currently having a bit of a dilemma, I have a male and female dwarf gourami in with my other peaceful tropical fish and they keep nipping the fins of the other fish. I should also note that I have lost one fish due to it being bullied to death. However my question is: could I put the pair of gouramis in with my two bristlenose plecos that are in a 10 gallon on their own?
I am trying to breed these plecos and would hate to harm their chances by invading their space too much but don't want to lose any other fish due to these two gouramis and I'd hate to get rid of them because finding a female dwarf is like finding gold dust and I've only recently found her so would they be ok in with the two bristlenose plecos? and would they harm the eggs if I can get the bristlenose plecos to breed?
Thanks a lot

I would start by pulling the gourami out of the tank and then completely rearrange it before readding the fish. Another thing you could try is to add more decorations breaking up line of sight a bit.

I wouldn't put them in with the plecos.

Back
Top Bottom