Dwarf Gouramis...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daydreamer4186

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This kind of goes along with another question posted by someone else but it's a bit different. I have a 10 gallon tank and got to looking at dwarf gouramis. Now I'm thinking about the far, far future when the tank is avaliable for new inhabitants. I was wondering how many dwarf gouramis can live in a 10 gallon tank and can the different types of dwarfs be mixed?

I would say 1 dwarf gourami is all that should be put in a 10g. Gouramis are territorial and will be overly aggressive to another gourami.

I have 4 in a 75 gallon planted tank and they've all claimed territories, they will allow others to swim in them but when they don't feel like being bothered they'll chase them out.. I think you'd only be able to have 1 in a 10 gallon tank.

Your best bet is googling the fish you're looking at and read ALL the sites. Never trust just one site as you shouldn't trust just 1 post in the thread. Take in what you read and always error to the side of bigger. 5 sites say 5 gallons per fish and 3 say 10 gallons per fish, go with the 10/fish.Better to have more room than not enough.

I agree with BrianNY - 1 would be the max for a 10gal. I had 2 in a 26gal and they bickered and chased each other constantly until one got a fatal battle wound and died. :(

I'm in complete agreement with the other posts. I have (2) males in a 46 gallon tank and they've both claimed opposite sides of the tank. The more aggressive one has the right side and the more submissive has the left. They do often come into each other's territory and most of the time they are without incident, but ocassionally they do get into a little bit of a fight where they're nip and chase each other. I'd definitely recommend only (1) in a 10 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom