Dwarf Gouramis/colisa lalia aggressive or non aggressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlotte

Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hi,

I've read some very comflicting info on dwarf gouramis. I have had one before and I found him to be very peaceful. Actually I had to remove a young pearl gourami from the tank because she was harrassing my dwarf gourami. A lot of people say they are very peaceful and then there are just as many people saying they are aggressive. True/false?

I saw some beautiful flame dwarf gouramis at the pet store today. I was so tempted but thought I'd do my homework first before buying. Is it ok to have 2 males? or should I purchase 1 male 1 female. Some people say they are best kept in pairs.

I have a 38 community tank with peaceful fish in it. (neons, platies, 1 Angel, cory cats, plecs, harlequins, otocynclus and glow light tetras. The dwarf gourami I used to have seemed to get along fine with all the other fish in the tank. but I don't know about the Poweder blue and flame dwarf gouramis. Would they be ok with my Angel fish? Are they compatible????

Charlotte

Dwarf Gouramis are very territoreal with their own kind. Males will fight with other males (they are in the same family as siamese fighting fish). They usually will not bother other species in a community tank. I stress the word usually. There can be exceptions and that's why info is sometimes conflicting.

If you like the fish try a pair or single male. Just keep an eye for aggression towards the angels. Sometimes the long fins can get a dwarf gourami riled.

Back
Top Bottom