dwarf gourmis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as far as i know 1 to 1... that is, if you can even find a female. if you do find two females i suppose a trio could also work.

I think I have a female. Its one of the "neon" kind (bright blue with orange/red stripes). It gets picked on relentlessly by the male (flame/fire)... idk if this is an indication of a male/female pair. I figured it must be though. I thought male gouramis were supposed to get along.

I have found them on line and want to breed them I have two males and they pick on eachother so would 2 females work or 3 thanks

how big is the tank first of all? generally only one male and one female per tank depending on size... multiple pairs in a small space get tricky.

in that case yes. two pairs is easy in either of those. just provide lots of hiding places so the two males can have territores to claim and to prevent fighting.

Thanks ya they get alittle fussy when one comes in the others side can't wait foe the new tank so it stop but it is kinda funny to watch

yeah, some more hiding spots will help disperse that so nothing gets too serious. it also helps to compltetely rearrange the decor every once in a while, that way they have to redraw boundaries.

That should be fun cuz when I get the larger tank it is going to be mostly live plants but whatever keeps everyone happy is what ill do thanks

Back
Top Bottom