Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
plantedtankman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Dwarf Orange Crayfish compadibility

I saw many awesome Dwarf Orange Crayfish at my lfs. Are they compatible with Cory Catfish and Panda Garra? Are they peaceful? Thanks in advance! The rest of my stock is listed on my profile.
__________________

__________________
plantedtankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TheCommunityCichlid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantedtankman View Post
I saw many awesome Dwarf Orange Crayfish at my lfs. Are they compatible with Cory Catfish and Panda Garra? Are they peaceful? Thanks in advance! The rest of my stock is listed on my profile.
IMO they will eventually kill and eat your corys and garras
__________________

__________________
TheCommunityCichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
plantedtankman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommunityCichlid View Post

IMO they will eventually kill and eat your corys and garras
That's not good. I'll pass on them. I saw some Blueberry Shrimp at my lfs too. Do you think my Rams would eat them?
__________________
plantedtankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: new york
Posts: 368
if your talking about the cpo/mexican orange dwarf crayfish then they are fine. but do not house with anything that is aggresive and gets to big that likes eating crayfish because these things only get 2 inches. but if you're talking about the orange clarki then it would eat the cories and garras eventually
__________________
Legit Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
plantedtankman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legit Fish View Post
if your talking about the cpo/mexican orange dwarf crayfish then they are fine. but do not house with anything that is aggresive and gets to big that likes eating crayfish because these things only get 2 inches. but if you're talking about the orange clarki then it would eat the cories and garras eventually
I was talking about the Mexican Orange Dwarf Crayfish
__________________
plantedtankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: new york
Posts: 368
the rams may pick at them but it all the depends on the fish itself... have you fed it any shrimp of some type beacause i had luck with my electric blue rams with cherry shrimp. the ram will for sure eat the babies if he sees them but the fully grown adults he probably wont bother them and read my last comment the crayfish would be fine if they are mexican orange dwarf crayfish but if they are orange clarki's then it would eat your fish
__________________
Legit Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
plantedtankman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legit Fish View Post
the rams may pick at them but it all the depends on the fish itself... have you fed it any shrimp of some type beacause i had luck with my electric blue rams with cherry shrimp. the ram will for sure eat the babies if he sees them but the fully grown adults he probably wont bother them and read my last comment the crayfish would be fine if they are mexican orange dwarf crayfish but if they are orange clarki's then it would eat your fish
I've fed them quality flake food and frozen bloodworms, but no shrimp.
__________________
plantedtankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: new york
Posts: 368
oh then the crays would be fine even with the shrimps. oh and one more thing make sure the fish you keep are fast just in case but never heard the crays going after fish even with my big angels and small pygmy cories
__________________
Legit Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: new york
Posts: 368
then i guess you could get the shrimps too but test it first because he might think they are food. i usually put 1 or 2 in first to see if anything happens when i put my shrimps with fish but i usually like to take risks. but its up to you if you want to take the risk because i know blueberries can sometimes be expensive.
__________________
Legit Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
plantedtankman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legit Fish View Post
oh then the crays would be fine even with the shrimps. oh and one more thing make sure the fish you keep are fast just in case but never heard the crays going after fish even with my big angels and small pygmy cories

Okay. Sounds good! Thanks
__________________
plantedtankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: new york
Posts: 368
glad to help
__________________

__________________
Legit Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.