Dwarf plecos???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 30 gal and im looking for an interesting pleco that would fit in the tank
I need prices for any suggestions and they need to fit in a 30

The starlight brittlenose caught my attention but how much do those go for?

I have a 30 gal and im looking for an interesting pleco that would fit in the tank
I need prices for any suggestions and they need to fit in a 30

The starlight brittlenose caught my attention but how much do those go for?

Here are a few sites with some interesting plecos There are some pretty cool dwarf ones if you have a look. Generally i think all dwarf plecos will be under 30 bucks. Golden algae eaters may also be a good option for you.

http://bubblesaquarium.com/fish_Plecos.htm

http://fish-etc.com/fish/plecos

Get a starlight if you can, they are my favourite! Absolutely gorgeous and you could find some juveniles online for not too much. I haven't got any as my tank is fully stocked, but when I get another I am definitely getting myself a pair of starlights.

Those were greats sites!

Im loving the plecos

The blue/green phantoms caught my eye
But would they fit in a 25gal?

If not, then what plecos will?

Well how fast does the phantom grow?

And what is the lifespan of the fish?

I guess when my brother goes off to college i cold put him in his 55g but that means the guy would have to be in my 24gal for at least a year and a half
It would also mean it would have to get along with is gold nugget pleco

OH MY GOD WHAT STORE

Where are they $12
THE CHEAPEST IE SEEN EM EVEN JUVENILES IS $25

Fishfreaks over here in Nebraska... I wish they ha them when I wanted a pleco. I just paid 20$ for a 20 year old common bristlenose that's blind in one eye and hates sunlight.

I just recently picked up a blue panaque from fish freaks...pricey at about 60 but great looking fish, research indicates about 4 inches max growth. Hes VERY shy and im having a hard time figuring out if hes eating or not - been a couple days since ive seen poop, hoping to see more tomorrow. Ive read theyre very difficult to acclimate, I would maybe agree... had him about two weeks. Not sure if this is a reommendation or not since I dont yet know if hes really going to survive the long haul, but it is a beautiful pleco.

EDIT:L239 fwiw

Back
Top Bottom