Dwarf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be optimum size tank for 1 dwarf. Most people just want to meet the minumum. Very sad actually.

K I'll just have to wait til I have enough money to buy like a ten gallon and get some cover:)

A 29 gallon tank is a good tank size for a dwarf puffer?? We're talking the freshwater kind, right? Pea puffer?

Its the one and only pea/dwarf puffer. Yes 29g is a lot better than 5g. Good idea to hover above the minimum requirements for any fish.

I think many people worry too much about their tank looking boring due to not having enough fish.

The OPs current stock list :

Glo fish
Two guppies
two ghost shrimp
Hatchet
Two red eye tetra
Two Molly
Chinese algae eater
Two cherry barbs
Three zebra danios
Two long fin danios
Two snails
And a fish I don't know Wat it is I got at Wally world
>>>>>>>>

I imagine a Pea Puffer would not be a great match with these.

The OP is posting all over without listing his current fish.

I know that puffers can be aggressive, but I couldn't imagine a 29g (or even a 15-20g) with a single 1" fish in it.

Aquascape with plants. People like doing that stuff right ;)
I would do 3 dp in a 29g. They live a lot longer if kept above minimum requirement. Hard to imagine this because people rarely stock above min req. its a trend that will never be popular in this hobby.

Yah I realized I can't put them in the same tank with others oops:(

I understand that a pea puffer would definitely not work with that stock list but a single pea puffer in a 29 gallon is crazy. Besides the fact you'd never see a fish in the tank, they'd be so overwhelmed. My little guy was so overwhelmed in a ten I had to move him down to the 5 he's in now.

Moved to FW and Brackish- General Discussion.

I believe he stated his recommendation as 3 for a 29 gallon with no other fish.

Back
Top Bottom