Dwarf puffer cannot find it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good luck with finding the puffers! i agree with whoever suggested aquabid. :)

Aquabid or special order will be your best bet. Make sure that they have been treated for parasites (they always have them) before you purchase.

HN1 said:
Aquabid or special order will be your best bet. Make sure that they have been treated for parasites (they always have them) before you purchase.

Really? Treated for parasites? I guess I have to trust them then huh? Are there any tell tale signs it hasn't been treated other then death? I've seen pictures on google of puffers with a HUGE belly, looked like it was gonna explode!!

They really have to be treated and cleared. We've had some that were fine for a couple months only to succomb later. Most don't make it to online pics unfortunately. :(

Just do a few rounds of metronidazole when you first get them. If you can get them to eat, soak the food in it, if not then treat the tank. That's what I do with suspect fish, seems to help but not perfect by any means.

House of Fins in CT just called me. They have 10 dwarf puffers in, just got them today. The guy said there in QT and are being treating for parasites.

blackmolly said:
awesome! :) are you still gonna get them?

My wife is going back and fourth with those or schooling fish. She's not sure yet. Me? I'd go for the puffers. Not sure if it's a good price though either. 10 bucks each.

Convict2161 said:
My wife is going back and fourth with those or schooling fish. She's not sure yet. Me? I'd go for the puffers. Not sure if it's a good price though either. 10 bucks each.

No idea what the going rate for that fish is but if it's the one your wife really wants - $10 (and a reasonable driving distance) sounds like a bargain to get it now. My personal philosophy is to steer away from the time consuming activities...even if the cost is more.

i agree... she should do the puffers lol. they're a little more exotic then your average community fish, and they've got great personalities.

The ones they had looked like they were going to explode!! There stomachs were HUGE!! And lumpy! Is that normal? Big fat bellies but others look normal.

Hey I've been there (that fish place ) it is a huge warehouse style fish emporium huge has everything you could want but if you are going for something specific (like the puffers) check online firstwww.thatpetplace.com

Back
Top Bottom