Dwarf puffer in a community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielfishlover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So recently i have seen people having a dwarf puffer in a community tank. Lately i have really been considering adding it but i just wanted to hear your guys advice.
My tanks has 12 neon tetras, 5 rummynose, 2 small angelfish and 3 guppies in a 26g tank. I have a strong canister filter of up to like 100 to 200 g and i have just ordered live plants and driftwood as my tank had really ugly decor, and i wanted the more jungle look

I would definitely not recommend that. They are not meant to be in a community, it is going to struggle to get fed, will likely harass the angels and guppies, and stress itself and other fish.

Here are your problems. A 26 gallon tank is relatively small, and too small for angelfish. Angelfish are going to grow to at least 6" tall and will snack on your guppies and neons. As angelfish are cichlids, there is a low probability that 2 can co-exist in a small tank. I keep 6 in a 150 and all is fine. Puffers do best in a species tank as they will nip the fins of other fish.

Back
Top Bottom