Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reygan2 View Post
Yes. Found her dead this morning.
was she really skinny?

Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post
was she really skinny?
She was so small it was hard to tell. I really don't know if she was in fact a "she". Her belly did look a little sunken in. The one I bought along with her is fat and larger. But then it's been in a tank full of snails. Hard to tell what happened.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
She was so small it was hard to tell. I really don't know if she was in fact a "she". Her belly did look a little sunken in. The one I bought along with her is fat and larger. But then it's been in a tank full of snails. Hard to tell what happened.
the reason why i ask whether it was skinny or not is because recently i've gone through some loss with internal parasite problems with my dwarf puffers. i started with 5 and one by one they got really skinny. their heads were disproportional to the rest of the body where the belly just shrunk. and the strange thing is i kept my puffers in a community tank and none of my other fish show sign of internal parasite. now i'm down to my last one.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post
the reason why i ask whether it was skinny or not is because recently i've gone through some loss with internal parasite problems with my dwarf puffers. i started with 5 and one by one they got really skinny. their heads were disproportional to the rest of the body where the belly just shrunk. and the strange thing is i kept my puffers in a community tank and none of my other fish show sign of internal parasite. now i'm down to my last one.
Sorry for your losses. Mine were in a display tank together before I bought them and like I said the other is fine. I initially tried to house these two together but once they acclimated to the tank one kept the other hovering in a corner constantly. The aggression was bad. How long had yours been in your community tank?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Sorry for your losses. Mine were in a display tank together before I bought them and like I said the other is fine. I initially tried to house these two together but once they acclimated to the tank one kept the other hovering in a corner constantly. The aggression was bad. How long had yours been in your community tank?
i've had them for 6 months and i've never had aggression problems with them. when i bought mine, they were fine as well but internal parasite is something that takes time to show obvious sign of the symptom.

Tags
dwarf, dwarf puffer, puffer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com