Dwarf puffer issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
was she really skinny?

She was so small it was hard to tell. I really don't know if she was in fact a "she". Her belly did look a little sunken in. The one I bought along with her is fat and larger. But then it's been in a tank full of snails. Hard to tell what happened.

She was so small it was hard to tell. I really don't know if she was in fact a "she". Her belly did look a little sunken in. The one I bought along with her is fat and larger. But then it's been in a tank full of snails. Hard to tell what happened.

the reason why i ask whether it was skinny or not is because recently i've gone through some loss with internal parasite problems with my dwarf puffers. i started with 5 and one by one they got really skinny. their heads were disproportional to the rest of the body where the belly just shrunk. and the strange thing is i kept my puffers in a community tank and none of my other fish show sign of internal parasite. now i'm down to my last one.

the reason why i ask whether it was skinny or not is because recently i've gone through some loss with internal parasite problems with my dwarf puffers. i started with 5 and one by one they got really skinny. their heads were disproportional to the rest of the body where the belly just shrunk. and the strange thing is i kept my puffers in a community tank and none of my other fish show sign of internal parasite. now i'm down to my last one.

Sorry for your losses:(. Mine were in a display tank together before I bought them and like I said the other is fine. I initially tried to house these two together but once they acclimated to the tank one kept the other hovering in a corner constantly. The aggression was bad. How long had yours been in your community tank?

Sorry for your losses:(. Mine were in a display tank together before I bought them and like I said the other is fine. I initially tried to house these two together but once they acclimated to the tank one kept the other hovering in a corner constantly. The aggression was bad. How long had yours been in your community tank?

i've had them for 6 months and i've never had aggression problems with them. when i bought mine, they were fine as well but internal parasite is something that takes time to show obvious sign of the symptom.

Back
Top Bottom