dwarf puffer tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my little 10 gal with 2 dwarf puffers, and my little black snail. I was curious if it was at all possible to get other fish with them? I love my puffers and snail, but my tank seems pretty vacant...Has anybody had success with keeping dwarf puffers with other fish?
Also, within a month or so i plan to get a 55 gal and move all my occupants of the 20 gal to it. So if i had my puffers in the 20gal do you think they could live with other fish? what kind of fish? All and any advice is appreciated. :)

Generally ottos are the only fish that a dwarf puffer will ignore. They are pretty but can be nasty little things.

I will be setting up a 10 gal dwarf puffer tank after the 1st of the year, so I've been doing lots of research on what I can keep them with. I guess there is a lot of variability depending upon the demeanor of the puffer. Otos almost always work, african dwarf frogs, ghost shrimp, and other shrimp species are all a crapshoot though. Check out http://dwarfpuffers.com/forum/ for more info.

I have kept the dp's with ghost shrimp too and they never really got attacked but as Orcus332 said it varies and totally depends on the personality of the puffer.HTH

Back
Top Bottom