Dwarf pufferfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rubberbandboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’ve been doing research on dwarf puffers and most sources say you can keep 1 in a 5 gallon by itself. I was wondering if my puffer would get lonely and I should instead save up for a larger tank so I can get 2-3. Also, I was wondering what their diet should consist of? Any information would be greatly appreciated

They do fine as a solitary fish. Seem to prefer it that way as they constantly harrass anything that gets in their space otherwise. Frozen bloodnworms, brineshrimp and live snails will keep them happy and well fed

They do fine as a solitary fish. Seem to prefer it that way as they constantly harrass anything that gets in their space otherwise. Frozen bloodnworms, brineshrimp and live snails will keep them happy and well fed

Thank you very much! I’ve heard some people breed snails to have a consistent supply that is parasite free. How would I do that? Do I just get another smaller tank and plop a few in there? I’m not very familiar with snails.

Yah. It's pretty simple. You can literally use a tote or small bucket with an airstone. Just make sure they're pond snails, ramshorn or bladder snails. Malaysian trumpets are no good. Just add food every few days and they'll take care or the rest.

Yah. It's pretty simple. You can literally use a tote or small bucket with an airstone. Just make sure they're pond snails, ramshorn or bladder snails. Malaysian trumpets are no good. Just add food every few days and they'll take care or the rest.

Thank you very much. I’ll start right away!

Back
Top Bottom