Dwarf puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi i have a 12 gallon eclipse that is almost done cycling. I originally planned to keep a pair of L. Ocellatus, but now i am thinking of possibly doing dwarf puffers. Is this tank big enough? IF so how many could i keep? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

Yes - I kept 4 in a 12gal Eclipse - no problem. Definitely trust any info from Pufferpunk - she's the guru!

I think it is a better choice than the ocellatus - not much of a footprint on those tanks and you would need a trio.

Ok, now it says on that site that they should have a planted tank. How heavily planted does it need to be? I dont wat to get to the point of using co2 if possible. I do have a co2 unit but that would also increase algae right? Does anyone have pictures of their puffer tanks? Any other tips? Thanks

Planted tanks are beneficial to all fish, but mine enjoyed hanging out in the leaves, and slept on them. In the Eclipse plants are going to be very limited due to the 1wpg or so lighting. However, in mine I have java fern, java moss and crypts growing great. I also have aponogeton bulbs growing in there from time to time. You won't need CO2.

I have also kept dwarf puffers with silk plants and they utilized them as part of their territory just like they did with live.

I use fake plants. They don't seem to mind at all. It does need to be a busy tank. Lots of interesting plants and caves.

Kim

Back
Top Bottom