dwarf puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieanna

Aquarium Advice Activist
I saw the cutest little dwarf puffers at petsmart the other day and now i'm curious about them. I was thinking about getting one (or two) in the future. I was wondering what everyone thought of these fish. Also, what fish they get along with and what their requirements are.
Thanks.

They are freshwater fish.. Most people think there cute! they like live foods mostly.. they rarely if ever eat flake food. Im not sure what informaiton your looking for. :p

I was just wondering if they liked to be alone or in groups. If they're community fish and what other types of fish they get along with. What they eat and what kind of habitat they like.

Yeah, they're relatively easy to keep as long as you keep some small snails in their tank to keep their teeth in check. I'd also suggest a species only tank for about 3 of them.

i love the dwarf puffers i'm thinking of getting another 10 gallon (yes, MTS is definetly starting to settle in) and making it heavily planted with some dwarf puffers, but thats in process of doing...i just have to move things around in the living room :D

they are pretty hard to feed I had 3 in a 10g and the only thing they ate was bloodworms so they got have a cube of bloodworms oor brine shrimp every other day and there littlee bellies were stuffed.

mine are picky too but they dont eat frozen bloodworms like others. i feed them live black worms, cut up live night crawlers, and live/frozen brine. they are the cutest fish i have ever seen :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom