DYI spray bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,
I have a 10 gallon fish tank which is planted and houses strawberry rasboras and peacock gudgeons. It has an LED light on it and a desk top canister filter. The spray bar is on the side of the tank, it is half the side of the tank, the water flows from left to right only 1/2 of the tank. So now my issue is a dead spot where I get no water flow. That is in the front left side to the middle front of the tank. I now have blue algae. I do know its a bacterial issue. I have my lights running for only 7 hrs a day. 11-2 and 5-9. I do not have co2. I am going to boost up my water change today and do a black out for about 3-5 days. I have to figure out how to make a spray bar that goes across the side of the tank (as the one I have only goes half way) I have to get rid of this dead spot. Its right in front and very visible. Any info on how to make one of these will be of great help or how to create more water flow.
:confused:

1/2" PVC and drill holes about every inch. I think I ended up with 1/8" holes but do t remember 100%. Get a cap for one end and a 90* elbow for the other and you should be gtg.

Back
Top Bottom