Easiest Fish To Breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWerner13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a spare small tank and I am thinking about breeding a simple fish to supliment my oscar's diet every once in a while. What is a fish that stays small, is easy to care for, and humps like crazy?

Guppies. Period.

If it was warmer here I could ship you a whole bunch of guppies that are breeding like crazy. My tanks are filled with guppies and I'm getting sick of it!!! :)

If it was a bigger tank, I would have to say convicts, they breed more easily then all loves livebearers, IME.

Since you have a small tank, I would have to agree with the rest, any livebearer would be your best pick.

Thanks all I'm gonna pick up a few fish today and a cd full of mood music!

If you go with guppies make sure you get at 2 females for every male.

How do you tell the difference? I was just thinking get half a dozen and hope for the best

At a lot of stores the males and females are in different tanks, which makes it easier, but guppies are easy to tell apart anyway...the females are generally larger, less colorful and have smaller tails. If you're not sure, the folks at the store should know that, at least. I would also agree with 2 or even 3 females per male.

Back
Top Bottom