Easy live food to culture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pezzep

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been trying to get my dwarf puffers to eat frozen foods (brine shrimp and blood worms) but they show little to no interest. Sometimes they will dart at the food when they see it flowing in the current of the filter but once they get near it they don't even touch it and just turn around. I've seen one of them put a piece of worm in there mouth but then spit it out. They have been eating the live snails so far that are in the tank and there still is quite a few in the tank for them to eat, will breeding snails and just replenishing its population when it gets low a good enough food source for them or do they need something else in their diet?

If so what do you guys recommend as an easy to culture food source to have a varied diet for the puffers?
Thanks in advance!

Do sea monkeys breed in those little kits tho, or am I going to be buying new ones all the time? Have you ever tried white worms, I heard they can be easy?

I'm feeding froozen blood worms to my fish... With 1 box (20 cubes) of them, I can refreeze them in 100 ice cubes (with less in each) for 10$.

Do sea monkeys breed in those little kits tho, or am I going to be buying new ones all the time? Have you ever tried white worms, I heard they can be easy?

Yes, they'll breed at adult stage: CTRL+F Breeding on Amazing Facts - Sea Monkeys Rule!

I think sea monkeys are salt water specimens, but I know you can feed them to freshwater fish.

Sometime, the summer I open my appartment door, so moskitoes enter inside and they are attracted by the powerfull aquarium lighting and they get eaten by my fishs.

Sea monkeys or brine shrimp are super easy to raise. Look up brine shrimp culturing. There should be tons of info on it, I know my lfs sells eggs and a kit that allows you to hatch them for pretty cheap. However brine shrimp are not very nutritious.

Really ...alot overstocked !?

I was planning on rehousing the 2 rainbow lake kutubu's but thought the rest was about right !

Back
Top Bottom