Eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About 3 pints.He won't move either but I can see his gills moving. He is burying him self under the rocks.

Maybe he's just settling in, or he's not hungry, or he could be sick. How long have you had him? What kind of tank do you have him in?
Betas can go a week or more without eating, so he should be perfectly fine without food for a few days. If he doesn't seem interested, don't keep adding food because it will only dirty his water.

That does not sound good at all. 3 pints is a very small tank.. You should be doing water changes very often in order to prevent toxins from building up. Do you have a liquid test kit to test ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?
In the future, you should get your beta a bigger tank that's at least 5 gallons, with a heater and gentle filtration.

To change 25% of the water, the method you use would greatly depend on the size of the tank. For anything over 10 gallons, I use a gravel vac. For smaller tanks and betta bowls, I use a cup or pitcher to remove the water.

Just buy a manual siphon from the pet store. Get one with a manual pump. Put one end in tank and the other in a bucket one the floor BELOW the tank. Then pump the siphon a few times and water with flow down the tube and in to the bucket. To stop lift the end that's in the water out.

Then add 25% tap water that has been treated with a dechlorinater solution you can buy from shop. This is important.

Back
Top Bottom