Ebay deals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve2223

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed on ebay a lot of cheap led lights and tank heaters is it worth buying them or are they junk?
I'm looking for someone that has made some purchases of these items and their thoughts
Thank you

That's too blanketing of a statement. You will have to be more specific about what fixture you're referring to.

In general you don't want to cheap out on heaters as they can and will kill all your fish. Lights are a bit safer. Eheim jager is about the best low priced heater around.

I would look at the Ebay users rating. If they have sold a lot of the product and have good reviews, go for it. If not then I wouldn't suggest it. If you have any questions about it I would also ask the seller through an email.
Good luck!
~Zac

In most cases with tank hardware it's a 'you get what you pay for' type thing when it comes to cheap stuff. It doesn't mean they are total junk, but also you can't expect them to perform on par with some of the more expensive models. I have had oddysea lights for a few years and they work just fine, but they are cheaply made for sure.

When it comes to heaters, if you decide to cheap out, I strongly suggest getting 2 smaller heaters, that way if one does malfunction and stick on or whatever, you are less likely to have a cooked tank overnight. (this is a good general practice anyway)

I bought some led rope lights with a remote control, they said they were waterproof and advertised them for aquariums. They were crap. I didn't use any extra connectors (just to be on the safe side and keep them "waterproof"), they didn't last a couple days. I never even submerged them. I had only placed them under the glass lid, and the only connector (from the plug to the rope) remained outside the aquarium completely. So obviously they weren't even water resistant, much less "proof". That was $40 wasted!

I bought a 4ft light, and blue lights ( from different sellers) and they are great, just read through the feed back. I have had no problems with either.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I noticed on ebay a lot of cheap led lights and tank heaters is it worth buying them or are they junk?

I'm looking for someone that has made some purchases of these items and their thoughts

Thank you

I have heard of people buying beamswork or green leaf LEDs with some plant growing success from Aquatraders. I would not skimp on a heater though. But, Since you are on e-bay, you may try to score on a used BML or Finnex fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom