ebay t5 lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are Odyssea brand lights. They are 'budget friendly', and give off light, but less than any other equivalent T5HO fixture on the market due to their cheap drivers and and bad reflectors. That being said, less light isn't necessarily bad, as it may very well be what you need, depending on what your goals for the tank are.

O ok cool i dont think that would be a problem i'd just like the tank to look brighter and to be able to grow plants better than the t8's. just wanted to see if they were faulty or would last

I had a 4 bulb set up on my SW tank for 3 years, then upgraded to LED's and gave it to a buddy who has used it 2+ years on a basic FW tank. He had to replace the switch a couple of months ago, which is nothing major. I don't know about the plant bulbs, but the stock reef ones I had were horrendous looking for light spectrum.

Just remember that the lights aren't gonna to be equal to say a Current Nova Extreme. If you're going to get into higher light plants, I would step up to a better brand or even LEDs.

Got it, but hey u guys think the one with two t5 ho would be ok for a 55 and no co2? I currently have two 48" t8's and add two 24" t8's sometimes when i want it to be brighter. I just think the no co2 part could be a problem.maybe?

It might be to much light for no Co2, but if you get algae you can always disconnect one light or put in an actinic bulb. And for that price you're not out to much if it doesn't work, you can always sell it on Craigslist for almost as much as you paid for it.

O ok. But what's the pink bulb for is that a freshwater thing or a saltwater thing?

Pink is a bulb that's more in the reddish end of the spectrum. It's supposed to be good for the plants, which is debatable, and helps bring out the colors in your plants and fish.

Ok. So does that help the algea problem or increase it. i did use liquid co2 but it didnt look like it was doing anything with the low lights. on the 20 i wouldnt mind using pressurized co2 though

It's another bulb so it would increase lighting. Before I went pressurized, I seen more results with Excel than liquid Co2.
You never said, but what plants are you wanting to keep?

I have the 24" 48W fixture over my 29 and I find it works great for the price, extremely bright and is able to grow my mostly simple plants well. (Swords,Ludgwigia, and cabomba) I recommend them for the pricepoint they're at

m0stUniQue said:
I have the 24" 48W fixture over my 29 and I find it works great for the price, extremely bright and is able to grow my mostly simple plants well. (Swords,Ludgwigia, and cabomba) I recommend them for the pricepoint they're at

Cool do u use co2?

Back
Top Bottom