EBO-Jagger heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NekoOo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good morning fellow fish lovers! So, as it is finally starting to cool down here in the Mojave, I suspect the cheapo heater we currently have is not going to cut it through the winter. Somebody in town was selling two 100gal aquariums and two pallets full of decor and media. We got both of these heaters for 10$ total and I was wondering if they were any good or not? They seem kind of old but if they work and are more reliable than what I got then I'd love to use them. Anyone have any good/bad reviews on these heaters?

They are EBO-Jagger heaters. One is 200watt and the other is 250.

Attachments

• image-3835617016.jpg
    image-3835617016.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 53
  • image-264407459.jpg
    image-264407459.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 61
EBO was bought by Eheim and now the heaters are Eheim Jäger - they are one of the most reliable heaters ever manufactured. My dad replaced an EBO a few months ago he had for roughly ten years, it was still working perfectly but he was just paranoid that it would break.

Awesome! Looks like it was a good buy. I will use them for sure, or at least one. The 250 watt looks older and on the inside I can see this white stuff, kinda looks like it melted on the inside or something. I'm deathly afraid of electrocuting myself or my fish so I'd rather be safe than sorry. Sorry the pic is bad but you can see the discolored melted piece on the inside.

Attachments

• image-2262339021.jpg
    image-2262339021.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom