Ecoxotic - Vita

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the potential issues with the product:

First, 1.25 gal is really too small. It should be at least 2.5 gal
Second, the heater comes as an extra and really should be part of the system
Third, I'd need more info on the plant media and the specific plant. If it needs the appropriate level of fish waste product than it would likely take care of the fish.
Forth, a moss ball is just a bad idea in this set up

I think this may work better for a few cherry shrimp.

I got the same email and ended up buying one.

Actually the tank is fine - it follows the 1"/gallon rule. And you can buy the system with or without the heater - I already had a heater from an older shrimp tank, so I didn't need one. I did buy the little LED light though.

Marimo Balls do great in smaller tanks like this, it would actually be more beneficial to have one in the tank vs. not have one.

From the photos they have, the media they are using is a coir based hydroponic media, so there is a lot of surface area. I liked the fact they are marketing this for succulents vs. vegetables, it should do well for filtering the water.

For the price, the little starphire tank is worth it in itself.

I think it would make a cool shrimp tank, but there's no way I would end up buying one. You could do this with any old 2.5 gallon tank and just make a custom kind of top for it that can hold plants. Plus, 1.5 gallons is way to small for any fish IMO. Shrimp are a whole other story.

I got the same email and ended up buying one.

Actually the tank is fine - it follows the 1"/gallon rule. And you can buy the system with or without the heater - I already had a heater from an older shrimp tank, so I didn't need one. I did buy the little LED light though.

Marimo Balls do great in smaller tanks like this, it would actually be more beneficial to have one in the tank vs. not have one.

From the photos they have, the media they are using is a coir based hydroponic media, so there is a lot of surface area. I liked the fact they are marketing this for succulents vs. vegetables, it should do well for filtering the water.

For the price, the little starphire tank is worth it in itself.

I just have to note that 1"/g is severely outdated. It's useless now. Many other factors go into stocking a tank these days.

IMO it's too small..

I had one of my bettas in a 2.5g and couldn't bare how small it was so he's resides in a halved 10g.

Caleb

It's a trendy piece of crap.. hate it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My opinion is thus, I have the Aquafarm 2nd generation. I got it as a gift. As much as I like it it's also a pain. The growing medium is so hard to clean. I just think this thing is so small and would be even more of a pain. I really wouldn't go any small than the Aquafarm which is about 3g. My betta did fine in it with the addition of a heater but seeds would fall through into the tank etc etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My opinion is thus, I have the Aquafarm 2nd generation. I got it as a gift. As much as I like it it's also a pain. The growing medium is so hard to clean. I just think this thing is so small and would be even more of a pain. I really wouldn't go any small than the Aquafarm which is about 3g. My betta did fine in it with the addition of a heater but seeds would fall through into the tank etc etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also have an aquafarm, and it's a pain to clean!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

How many shrimp do you think could be kept in this 1.25 gallon tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom