Eel advice :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a peacock eel for about 3 days now. All he has done is hide and um... Hide? I have not seen him eat yet only time I ever see him is at about 2 am when I open the lid to feed him he hides back under the rocks. :(
I really like him and I know Kevin is still getting used to my tanks own little world, but I'm not a very patient person. I really I like him and I was so excited to get him but I never see him:(
Any advice on how to get him out of my gravel? :)

Just gotta wait :) my old eel was awesome, all i had to do was put frozen bloodworms in my hand and wait. Soon he will be comfortable and eat out of your hand all the time :)

Alright. I'll get some then try it :) all I have are freeze dreid and he doesn't seem to like those/:

Yeah, just give it time. I didn't see mine for the first 3 days. Be sure to have many hiding spots, the more spots, the more your eel will be out in the open.

Okay I have tried to feed at night, but I will continue on trying:) and trust me he has plenty hiding spots! 4 little pots, & a pineapple cave. Bout to add more once I move some of my other fish. And next time I go to the store I'm gonna get more food. What kind do y'all think I should get? :)

Well, I heard petsmart sells smaller worms so you should try there first. If you dont have a petsmart go to Walmart and get some night crawlers. They're big so you might have to cut them up.

Eels are a blast. I was reading earlier somewhere that they can be shy at first, but then their little doggy-like personalities come out! I love the way they use their front "wings" to prop themselves up... :)

Their sense of smell is really good, and they will LOVE you for the bloodworms (and occasional earthworm...make sure it hasn't been near any treated areas of yard obviously).

They will shake that worm like a rat terrier! It is hilarious. :lol:

clearancepuppy said:
Eels are a blast. I was reading earlier somewhere that they can be shy at first, but then their little doggy-like personalities come out! I love the way they use their front "wings" to prop themselves up... :)

Their sense of smell is really good, and they will LOVE you for the bloodworms (and occasional earthworm...make sure it hasn't been near any treated areas of yard obviously).

They will shake that worm like a rat terrier! It is hilarious. :lol:

He has definitely warmed up to me. A few days ago he started to let me pet him! He swims around my hand all the time with all my other fish btu I tried to give him a worm I cut it into a small piece but he just swam away from it, my frogs sure loved it though!

Also, my little guy loves his long "log" tunnel...he likes to peep out the top, resting his chin on the edge. *he thinks he is invisible lol*

It's like an eel garage :ROFLMAO:

clearancepuppy said:
Also, my little guy loves his long "log" tunnel...he likes to peep out the top, resting his chin on the edge. *he thinks he is invisible lol*

It's like an eel garage :ROFLMAO:

Hah that's cute lol

Back
Top Bottom