Eels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 46g Bowfront and I am pretty much fully stocked but I am giving some fish to a Freind, right now my bottom dwellers are 6corys and 3 clown loaches(2-3in) (I know about the loaches max size and plan to upgrade when I need to so plz say nothing about them and there size relative to the tank)

I think wiggly things are cool (lol) and like the BGK or maybe an eel(s)... Would I be able to get either? Could I have more than one eel? What eel would be in the open the most? Could I have more than 1 of it? Is a fire eel an option? I like peacock eels but think they hide to much... What about a freshwater flounder(sole)?
Any input would be appreciated!

What else is in the tank? Bottom dwellers won't matter..just matters what else you all have. You can't have a BGK, you could however have some peacock eels. But Idk what else is in your tank so it's hard to say if you could have more than one. You also said they hide too much, but they do come out more in a good environment and once they get used to it.

You could maybe get an african slender or longtail eel. They are more wormlike.

What else is in the tank? Bottom dwellers won't matter..just matters what else you all have. You can't have a BGK, you could however have some peacock eels. But Idk what else is in your tank so it's hard to say if you could have more than one. You also said they hide too much, but they do come out more in a good environment and once they get used to it.

You could maybe get an african slender or longtail eel. They are more wormlike.

The rest is 1 spotted African leaffish, 3 Australian rainbowfish, and 1 pearl gourami.
Why not a BGK?
Maybe a BrownGK?

The rest is 1 spotted African leaffish, 3 Australian rainbowfish, and 1 pearl gourami.
Why not a BGK?
Maybe a BrownGK?

BGKs grow slow, however they get almost 2 feet long. You could do a African Brown Knife. And you add the ones I said too if you'd like.

Their saying no BGK because of your tank size but if you end up getting a larger tank then you will be able to get one, or if you plan on selling them once they get too big( that's what I'm doing) but check with your lfs store to see if they buy fish such as eels and BGK. my BGK rarely comes out during the day, only to eat. Fire eels would mostly do the same I think. I plan on getting a fire eel when I redo my tank this summer.

Their saying no BGK because of your tank size but if you end up getting a larger tank then you will be able to get one, or if you plan on selling them once they get too big( that's what I'm doing) but check with your lfs store to see if they buy fish such as eels and BGK. my BGK rarely comes out during the day, only to eat. Fire eels would mostly do the same I think. I plan on getting a fire eel when I redo my tank this summer.

Yeah.. I have a BGK too that I will sell to me LFS. It's only in a 40 breeder right now.

I have mine in a 55 so yours has more room for him to swim by a few inches, but I'm thinking of doing the same with the fire eel where I sell him when he gets big, I would only have the eel and the knife int the 55 with some hiding spots and open space to swim

So as long as I upgrade or rehome it later I can get both?(I plan to do that already cause I have the loaches)
I would want a brown ghost knife and 1 fire eel or multiple of a smaller one.

Many people will say no but what I think is that as long as you sell them before there growth is stunt, you should be fine

Back
Top Bottom