Eggs, Fungus or Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adri_dand

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, I couldn't help but notice that im my tank this morning, there was a whitish, almost milky seethrough substance next to one of my fake plants.

There are about 3 f these things present. What could they be?

Is it possible that they are algae wafers that were uneaten?
(since i fed my pleco an algae wafer for the first time last night)

There is also like a little black dot in the middle of these slimy looking things....

adri_dand said:
animal-wise? You mean to ask me if all in my tank if safe and meant for aquarium? I'm sorry for not understanding your question.

What fish or other animals are in your tank? Lol

It could possibly be tiger bar eggs read this:

Breeding Tiger Barbs: Breeding can be stimulated by using higher water temperatures of about 78-80°F and a pH of 6.5. A water change of 10%, of pH 6.4, lower pH by .2, will sometime encourage spawning of about 200 eggs. Add water slowly, over about a 15-20 minute period of time.

Fry hatch in 24 hours and they are free swimming in about 5 days. Feed young infusoria for the first few days and then microworms sparingly as fry become free swimming and introduce feedings of newly hatch nauplii, as fry reach size to consume, usually within a few days.

Apparently it is possible...if they hatch in a day I guess you know for sure! :)

lol oh well guess i'll soon find out, just hope that they aren't snails(although i don't see how) but could it be some leftover angae wafers?? i'm boggled...

I'll observe for another day and get back to you :)

Back
Top Bottom