Eggs or mold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martintanks91

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, got this new circle eggs/mold forming on one of my wood logs.
Does anyone know what it is?
I see my angelfish eating it sometimes
Really love the help

Thanks !883b3777-ae0a-4629-8db7-5083388c8438.jpg07b38513-bf1a-4b78-a4b7-e63358cd4754.jpg

Those are eggs. Clear ones are possibly viable white ones are bad ones.

You may be able to see tiny eyes forming in them, and then the tails will pop out and then their will be "wigglers" tiny baby fish like they are stuck there wiggling. After that free swimming tiny babies. Which at any point these may be eaten by the parents or other fish.

Generally an Angelfish will be chasing off any thing coming near. They get tired though and sleep and sometimes a sneaky fish will eat them.

I have tried leaving a night light on for the parent fish so they can see the fish coming to eat them and chase off the other fish.

Angels will pic at a spot to clean it up to lay eggs.

Oh great ! Do some usually end up living ?
There really isn't a "usual". If the eggs were fertilized and the water conditions are correct, the eggs hatch. If they weren't fertilized or the water conditions are not right, they won't hatch. Without water readings and seeing the pair actually spawning, there is no way to tell past Are they clear or white. Clear is good, white is bad ( as AutumnSky said. ) (y)

That is neat. Do you have a hatchery you can possibly put them in? See if that will help inprove there chances. What fish pair do you have in the tank that would have laid them?

Back
Top Bottom