Eggy looking things. Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryanstobbs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have about 20/30 of these white things up the inside the tank in the corner could anyone please help with what they are

They are inside the water and some of them are on the glass amongst the gravel

image-3470564297.jpg

We have 8 rummy nose tetras 2 red honey gourami 3 julli corys 4 balloon mollies 3 high fin platy 1 normal platy 1 inspector pleco 2 Siamese. Algae eaters

Does that mean they won't get fertilised or is there still a chance and if so should we move them so they can grow

They look just like my nerite snail eggs. You don't have any nerites do you?

Yea those are probably nerites. I would guess that's what it is because they're spaced out and in a straight line. Cory eggs appear to be more transparent and laid in clumps.
Nerites need saltwater to reproduce so the eggs will not hatch.

They're good. They lay eggs but the eggs will not hatch into babies unless they are in saltwater.

They must not be that kind as I found 2 baby snails Iast night

Can you send a picture of the snails that you called red spot snails? Then we can tell you if they are nerites.

Even if they are nerites it is still very likely that you have pond snails also, which are highly invasive. And they do not come from white eggs like the ones you have on your glass.

Do the pond snails take long to grow or can they stay in the tank for long time because we haven't had anything mew in the tank for a couple of weeks

image-2606019338.jpg

Those snails in the picture are nerites. They can not make baby snails in a freshwater tank.

Yes the baby snails you are seeing could be ramshorn snails or pond snails which could have been in your tank for a while.

I see. Thanks very much for your help. I didn't relies that's what the snails were

Back
Top Bottom