Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Psssh Mets of course.

Anyway my lone panda cory died. Fine yesterday, not today. I've had him for a few years and he survived numerous tank moves, crashes, Etc. The only panda I managed to raise from barely sellable size. They've always been tough for me. All the other fish are fine, including much smaller cories, but I think the cutteri are prepping to breed again.
I moved the aspidoras from from the grow out into the main tank as well.
I'm having massive cherry shrimp explosions.
Why do you think you have trouble with panda corys? I've been thinking about some of the long fin variety actually. RIP cory. ( I had a large female aeneus get stuck in a sponge filter pipe thing the other day. She couldn't make it back out. I was trying to seed a sponge. I feel really bad because it was my fault basically)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Cories stuck in things...total nightmare and happened to me more than once.
I've read (and experienced) that pandas are more sensitive than other species but I don't know why. Maybe it's just difficult to get good quality stock? Not sure.

I've actually never kept pandas before. I've read they like a cooler temp though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Catching up on water changes. I'm so glad I bought those zebra loaches, everyone is out and about zipping around and the chameleon loach has even taken a chill pill...maybe I will keep it ;)

Fancy water changy. My bf made it for me, hooks up to a 50' hose and then a water bed attachment to the faucet
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449889268.068195.jpg

Totally pointing this out to Mister. This is fantastic! No more lugging buckets! ✋? Thank you so much for sharing!

Totally pointing this out to Mister. This is fantastic! No more lugging buckets! ✋? Thank you so much for sharing!

No prob! It's probably overbuilt but cheap to get the parts. There's some kind of water safe gluey stuff in joints too to seal it I think it's like PVC cement

Nice spread!! how.much do your big signature fish eat a night?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The SDs? I don't feed them every day. They eat 2-3 algae wafers per, some days I'll throw in a leaf of romaine or some cuke or zucchini, and believe it or not they will inhale an entire frozen cube of bloodworms on occasion. I also give them the cubes of the frozen "emerald entree". Their diet isn't too diverse only because they seem to only want to eat things that are big. They won't bother with smaller pellets or flake or dispersed frozen food. I also give them my extra water lettuce ;)

Sorry I don't have exciting updates like everyone else.
I'm trying to decide what to offload at the auction in jan. Want to downsize a little until I get a house.
I'm thinking royal farlowella to Gillie...gonna probably also get rid of: boraras maculatus, shrimp, bettas, napo tetras, black neon tetras (maybe), panda garra, chameleon loach, some cory cats, shelldwellers.
That should allow me to break down 2-4 tanks.
Do you guys think an angelfish and cutteri could hack it together? Or how about a tiger loach, zebra loaches, and cory cats? Multis and boulengeri? The tiger loach is quite docile considering. If yes to all I might just get another 55 then I can definitely lose 5 tanks. Or 4 and save the planted 15 for apistos?? Dunno.

Which corys will you sell?
Edit: how many dwarf rasboras do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom