Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just did water changes on 4 tanks as a merry fishmas to my finned ones, made shortbread and choco peanut butter butterscotch Rice Krispies and butter tarts. happy holidays to my AA friends!

Got a dip and pour, IAL, an extra heater, and some cool fish books for Christmas. Threw two leaves in the cory tank and they're all a buzzin checking it out. I have an eheim jäger heater that can't get it's crap together so heater shuffling tonight.

What Gillie wants Gillie gets ;)
I'm doing some shuffling so happy to rehome that stud with a lady. Love the fish just need some extra space to rearrange cats and loaches since my plans for the 150 fell through plus if I can help a fellow AAer get something they've been keeping an eye out for then that's awesome. Maybe snag a baby back in the future. I hear snow is coming so when I have a few warm days I'll send him out. Gillie I have to recheck my PMs but if you hadn't sent me a name and address can you please?

Got my heater situation recombobulated I think. Anyone else have issues with defective eheims? Light is on and set to 79 but tank temp was barely above 60. Dunno.
In preparation of shutting down my kitchen tank I want to move 6 Habrosus, 2 pygmaeus, and 4 otos to my cory tank. I did have some issues with some fish and shrimp dying off months back but everything is back in order. I'm debating moving them to a QT to monitor instead of just moving them. Good idea bad idea?
Let's hope the LFS doesn't magically get some brochis in in the meantime otherwise the QT will be loaded.
Cories don't seem to be doing better with the cutteri as opposed to living in farlowella poo so I think I might move them back into the 55. Poo in mouth or beat up? Blah. Bad choices. I'm wondering if the zebra loaches would fare any better, but I'm worried the cutteri will slap them around too. In a bit of a pickle.
My other option would be to stick the zebras with the kuhlis, horseface, and Odessa barbs. Better idea? Then the tiger loach can kick it with the cutteri solo.
Still need to find a spot for the angelfish too. If I put him in the 55 he would be stuck with the psycho SDs and maybe get slammed around a little but I think putting him with the cutteri would be a mistake. Got some thinking to do.

Ok moved all the 15g cats into QT. What a nightmare...cursing at newborn shrimplets making their way into my net and siphon.
I think I'm gonna get rid of the cutteri at auction. Cool fish but I'm sick of working around them.
Does anyone use the strip tests for hardness? How decent are they? That's all I can find locally, wondering if it's worth the purchase or if I should look online for something else.

Thanks Bren.
Of course now that I moved fish into QT I get a call that brochis are in.
If they're juvies I can squish it but if they're adults I'm gonna have a problem....and I can't pass them up. Hmmmm.

+6x brochis splendens
Had to slap a 10g together. Thought they would stay bagged from the distributor but they were released and some of the fish on the shared filtration didn't look super hot so they had to be in a separate QT. The bf is gonna murder me.

Hahah! I got a call about fish I ordered weeks ago too and the correct fish didn't even come in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom